"Subscriber may make complaints if he receives Unsolicited Commercial Communication(UCC) even after 45 days of successful inclusion of his number, he may complain the same to his Telecom service provider. Please contact your telecom service provider for more Details."
If you click on the Details link it will take you to a document that has the contact numbers of all the telecom service providers.
Yesterdays newspaper had the following headline
And I have one basic doubt in the whole process working and that is
If the person who you have to complaint to is the telecom operator and thats the same person that is to be paying the penalty why would that person even bother to acknowledge the complaint.
Assuming that in this Utopian world that will happen I still have the following questions that I have not got answers from either the TRAI or the Telecom Operator
- What is the format of the complaint?
- What is the proof that is needed to file the complaint?
- What is the acknowledgment that the complaint has been accepted?
- Who is the arbitrator for the complaint?
- How long will the complaint be resolved in?
No end to nuisance calls
India’s Do Not Call Registry: A Failure
The 'Do Not Call' registry farce