Saturday, September 18, 2021
Friday, September 10, 2021
- Effective Managers are not focused only on short term wins. They have a growth mindset that focuses on the goal.
- They are able to work through the difficult challenges and keep their cool. The task of solving the problem or achieving the goal is never easy and they are able to weather the storms by keeping theirs and their teams focus.
- An effective manager has a curious mind, they are always thinking of different possibilities on either solving problems or possible paths to achieve the goal.
- An effective manager is able to make tough decisions and they are ready to face the consequences. Quick informed decisions are important to be made in order to move the team forward.
- A good and strong manager should be able to inspire their team. They are effective communicators that can communicate clearly and can articulate the tasks the team needs to accomplish to achieve the goal.
- An effective manager gets a deep understanding of the problem they are trying to solve. By ensuring this deep understanding, they are able to provide the necessary direction and guidance to the team and are also able to cancel out all the negativity around them by having laser sharp focus.
- Effective managers manage by taking into consideration the needs of the stakeholders. Its important to have empathy. They should have an open mind and listen to their stakeholders and work towards meeting their needs.
- They see the bigger picture when it is fuzzy and hazy to everyone else and they strive and lead everyone towards that bigger picture. They are focused on the long term even though they suffer short term struggles.
- Strong Effective Managers show trust in their team and do not micro manage their team. They know how to break down the tasks and give it to the team and believe in their team to deliver on them.
- They always protect their team. They share the successes with the team and absorb the failures. They do not call out or embarrass team members in front of outsiders and expose the weaknesses of the team.
Thursday, September 02, 2021
All managers want reports at varying frequency or even ad hoc. The question is why do they need these reports? I feel it is for anyone of the below reasons
- They need them for decision making. This is mostly analysis of the past data or a report predicting the future based on various options.
- To give them an understanding on the working of a process. Are the key metrics being tracked, maintained within agreeable limits?
- Understanding the overall status of the project, how is it progressing against a timeline are there any risks or bumps ahead that can derail the project.
- Are the current systems and processes tracking the information necessary to produce the report?
- If the information is tracked, is it credible and cannot be tampered with?
- How long does it take to extract the information and produce the report?
- Does it give you enough information to satisfy your needs?
This is an interesting illustration that resonated with a discussion I was having recently about doing ones best. It perfectly encapsulates ...
You can get an encumbrance certificate online in AP now. In order to get it you have to perform the following steps. Go to the website http:...
This is a repost of the article I published on the 10th of Jan, 2008 as I have added a new ground - Lahari Resorts. View Larger Map In this...
Today my guest post appeared on problogger.net . I wrote about 9 Tips to Start Blogging Successfully . Let me give you a bit of a backgrou...